Another month has flown by. Take a minute to follow along the blog circle to see what other mamas had to write to their children this month.
My sweet babies,
I believe in you and see wonderful and amazing things in your future. Here are a few pointers to help you along the way:
- Stay true to you. Never be afraid to be yourself.
- Be a good listener.
- Be gracious.
- Speak the truth.
- Try new things. Often. And retry things you think you don’t like.
- Be respectful. To yourself, to others, to property, to the Earth, and to God.
- Enjoy learning. You are never to old to learn something new. You will never know it all, so don’t act like you do.
- Have faith and foster a relationship with God. You are only as close to God as you choose to be.
- Smile often. Laugh lots.
- Have good manners.
- Be positive.
- Let people know you love them.
- Have a good work ethic.
- Be responsible.
- Give when you can…in what ever way you can.
- Have fun!
- Be a leader, not a follower.
- Show gratitude.
- Be kind.
- Always look after your siblings.
- Try your best. You don’t have to be the smartest. Just put in the effort.
- Travel the world.
- Enjoy being outside. Keep gardening.
- You always have a choice. It might be choices between two less desirable things, but you still have a choice.
- Admit when you are wrong and learn from your mistakes. No one is perfect and no one expects you to be.
- Stand up for yourself and for those who can’t.
- Never be a bully.
- It is okay to say no.
- Take care of your body.
- Be respectful of other people’s time.
- Read. Read often.
- Dream big. Dream until your dreams come true.
- Don’t be afraid to fail.
- Be compassionate.
- Enjoy sports.
- Be active.
- Don’t do drugs. You have a wonderful and brilliant mind…keep it that way.
- Do the right thing, even if everyone else is doing the wrong thing.
- Document your life. In letters, in photos, in journals…in some way.
- Believe in yourself.
- Count your blessings.
- Stay loyal.
- Be happy. What ever you decide to do make sure it makes you happy.
Remember, that you are never alone. Mommy will always be here when you need me. And remember that you are loved. More than you will ever realize. I am proud of you.
I love you,
Next up is Meredith…