School’s out in a few days and my kids are ready to have fun in the sun. My girls love to spend time playing outside which makes me so happy, but I want to make sure they are protected from the sun. The last thing I want to deal with as a mommy is a sunburned child. First, I would feel so guilty. And second, I don’t want to have to deal with the whining a sunburn entails.
Not only do I want to protect them from the misery of a sunburn now, but I want to protect them from the harmful effects of the sun that can show up in the future: sun spots, wrinkles, and most importantly, skin cancer.
Here are a few of my favorite products to help prevent sun damage while still having fun:
1. I love to use this Blue Lizard sunscreen on my girls at the pool, beach, or anytime I know they will be out in the sun for a long period. It is nice and thick so I know it provides good coverage and lasts through a swim.
2. These hats from i play have upf 50+ and are perfect for shielding the littles from the sun. They come in several solid colors and lots of fun prints too. I ordered the floral print for my girls and the turtles for baby Mac.
3. My sister introduced me to this sunscreen from Hawaiian Tropic while we were on vacation a few years ago. It is so light and sheer which means it is super easy to apply. It smells great too!
4. Love this lip balm from Supergoop. It is nice and thick which means it stays put for a long time. And my girls love to apply lipgloss so it is nice knowing that they are using something that will protect them too.
5. These Rashguard swim sets from iPlay are perfect for keeping your children safe from the sun while they are at the pool or beach.
6. I can’t get enough of these sunscreen wipes by MD Moms. They are genius! I keep a pack in my car, purse, and diaper bag. They are so easy for those times you find yourself out in the sun, but didn’t think to put sunscreen on the kids (lunch outside, impromptu trip to the park, etc). I also use these in the morning to put sunscreen on Alexandra before school. She can even apply the sunscreen by herself with these.
7. I use Skinceuticals sunscreen everyday under my makeup. I like that it is lightweight and doesn’t feel oily.
Do you have a favorite sunscreen?