Disclosure: I was gifted product by The Baby Cubby, but this post contains my honest opinions written by me.
The Baby Cubby recently contacted me asking me to share my top 10 first time mommy must haves with my readers. Having 4 children six and under must put me somewhere in the almost an expert category! After checking out their website I instantly fell in love with all that they offer. Aside from the quality products they offer I was instantly attracted to their mission. At The Baby Cubby they realize that parents are busy so they do all the research (hours and hours) for you and only put the best products in their store so that you have more time to enjoy your growing family (and do laundry…’cause a baby means MORE laundry). They also realize that figuring out which carseat or stroller to buy is a confusing investment and they offer buying guides in their resources section at the bottom of their webpage.
Here is a list of my top 10 new mommy must haves:
- Wubbanub – pacifiers were a must in our house. All of my children, except Malcolm, took one (he refused because you know, he’s Malcolm). What I love about the Wubbanub is that the weight of the stuffed animal helps it stay in their mouth when they are newborns and makes it easy for them to find in the their cribs when they get bigger. When you are ready to wean them off the pacifier just snip it off and they still have a familiar little lovey to sleep with during the transition period and beyond.
- Bamboo Swaddle Blankets– these are the SOFEST lightweight blankets. They are perfect for swaddling, laying on the floor for tummy time, and using as a stroller cover or nursing cover. They also pack up really small so they are the perfect addition to your diaper bag. Love them!
- Travel Crib – A light weight, easy to fold travel crib is a definite must! I cannot tell you how often we use ours…actually we use it on a daily basis. Forget about the bulky, heavy, complicated to fold pack n’ play…go with a travel crib like this one. It may seem a little pricey, but it is worth its’ weight in gold. Not only does this crib make travel easier, but when my babies were still napping frequently I would keep it in my car so that when we went to friends’ homes for dinner or playdates we didn’t have to leave during the fun for baby’s nap, I could just set up the crib in their homes. So easy. We use ours every day during nap time in order to separate the boys otherwise they won’t rest. So John sleeps in the travel crib in the playroom while Malcolm naps in his bed. Works perfectly!
- Diaper Bag– This is the BEST diaper bag! Not only is it functional, it looks pretty stylish too. The nylon exterior is easy to keep clean and all the pockets make it a breeze to organize mom and baby’s belongings. Love that it is available in different colors too.
- Carrier/Sling- Carriers are great for when you need to be hands free or when you just want some close bonding time with baby. I found that using a wrap type carrier worked best for me when my babies were still small, curled up, and not too heavy…about 0-6 months. Then I would switch to the Ergo carrier when they were bigger because I found it had more back support for me and was seemed to be more comfortable for them. I always kept a carrier in the car so it was available for grocery shopping and any other outing where I might need it.
- Monitor– Monitors are great for helping parents keep an eye on their little ones while they sleep. I thought this one from Owlet Baby is pretty cool…it keeps an eye on baby’s heart rate & oxygen levels and alerts you if there is a concern.
- Nasal Aspirator– Although the idea of sucking the snot out of your child’s nose seems gross this thing is amazing! And don’t worry, you aren’t in danger of actually ingesting the gross stuff. I have tried different nasal aspirators and this one is hands down the best.
- Mamaroo– My kids loved hanging out in the Mamaroo. It was a great place for baby to play while I cooked and got other household duties accomplished. You can even hook up your iPhone to play music.
- Boon High Chair– I love this high chair! It is so easy to wipe clean which was a priority for me. It is durable and lasted us through four children. It is on wheels so you can roll it around the kitchen or house and the height is adjustable so you can use it as a seat at the table when baby no longer needs the tray, but still requires straps or the extra height.
Thermometer– This is the perfect thermometer for the worried new parent who has a sick baby. You place a patch under baby’s arm and it sends an alert to the parent if the child’s temp elevates to a predetermined threshold. The added bonus is there is no chance of waking baby to check their temp. I had so much fun browsing the online store selecting my must have products. The greatest thing about The Baby Cubby is that they carry the best and safest gear so that you can shop confidently. Plus, they price match and offer free shipping for orders over $49. If you are a soon to be parent, a current parent or just shopping for friends and family be sure to check out the offerings at The Baby Cubby. You won’t be disappointed!